Wireframe and interaction design software
Below are improvements made to current and previous releases of OverSite.4.0.3 | 4.0.2 | 4.0.1 | 4.0
3.1.8 | 3.1.7 | 3.1.6 | 3.1.5 | 3.1.4 | 3.1.3 | 3.1.2 | 3.1.1 | 3.1 || 3.0.3 | 3.0.2 | 3.0.1 | 3.0
2.4.9 | 2.4.8 | 2.4.7 | 2.4.6 | 2.4.5 | 2.4.4 | 2.4.3 | 2.4.2 | 2.4.1 | 2.4 || 2.3.1 | 2.3 || 2.2.3 | 2.2.2 | 2.2.1 | 2.2 || 2.1
- When an unsaved file is open and a new file is opened from the desktop, a prompt to save the open file now appears.
- Fixed an issue where some PNGs were losing transparency when exported/saved.
- Fixed the upgrade code entry dialog.
- Added new widgets: TabbedPane, Dialog, Clipart, Spinner.
- Added the ability to colorize page background.
- Added the ability to import and export styles, composites, and custom colors.
- Added the ability to colorize individual spreadsheet cells.
- Wireframe canvases can now autosize to fit components.
- Added the ability to group components for easy multi-selection.
- Adding padding controls for text components.
- The composites editor now has controls for duplicating existing composites.
- Added the ability to import and export text variables in CSV format.
- Checkboxes and radio button widgets are now rendered at a fixed size.
- Added component size controls to the wireframe's side edit panel.
- Added component visibility controls to the wireframe's side edit panel.
- Added a side edit panel to the notes view.
- Can now toggle off blank notes.
- Notes identifiers are now assigned more sequentially.
- Sorting in the notes view is more intelligent.
- Made the wireframe component listing panel a bit more usable.
- When zoomed out and a file is closed, the wireframe canvas' zoom is returned to 100%.
- Fonts can now be adjusted in the click-thru view's auto-generated navigation.
- File dialogs on the Mac are now more "Mac-like".
- Contextual menus now work as expected on the Mac.
- When creating a page, entering a filename with no extension now generates a warning.
- Multiple instances of the same composite can now be added to a scrollpane.
- Rearranged the wireframe contextual menu items to make more sense.
- The exceptions control is now disabled when the root node is selected.
- Cleaned up the Notes toolbar.
- Wireframe and Notes side editors collapsing is now animated.
- After deleting a grouping border, the grouping-border page layout controls now become disabled.
- Grouped some actions into submenus in the page layout contextual menu.
- "New Page" and "New Section" now remember the last settings.
- When a spreadsheet is selected but so is another component, the spreadsheet controls will still be enabled.
- Registration now longer requires an email address to be entered.
- Renamed "Grouping" to "Border", to better reflect its purpose.
- When in a version's wireframe, clicking on rearranged components now causes the proper component to be selected.
- Fixed a memory issue that arose in files with many composites.
- Fixed a memory issue that arose when switching projects.
- Fixed an issue where nested containers were sometimes not read back in correctly.
- Fixed some issues when editing containers in a zoomed wireframe canvas.
- Fixed a problem with clickable imagemaps when invisible components were obscuring other linked components.
- Fixed the rendering of version href link indicators on the Mac.
- Radius percent settings for Starts now persist across saves.
- Fixed an issue that could cause text or links in versioned spreadsheets not to save properly.
- Fixed a memory issue that could occur when closing and opening documents.
- The border drawn around notes is now always drawn at the correct dimension.
- Switching to "Custom" style in wireframe controls panel now enables the style controls.
- Components are now placed in the proper location when wireframe is zoomed.
- Components within scrollpanes are now positioned correctly when canvas offsets have been set.
- Fixed an issue with image components in versions and exceptions.
- Made the font dialog more usable.
- Exceptions now work as expected when exporting a website as clickable images.
- Fixed an error that occurred if non-numeric page ranges were entered into the print dialog.
- Right-aligned textareas no longer let text run into the scroller.
- The main divider can now be opened to be at any position.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes text components appeared all black when exported to PDF.
- Fixed some color issues on Mac OS X.
- Fixed a Mac OS X painting issue with the status bar in Click-thru mode.
- Added button on registration popup to allow entry of code.
- Fixes an issue with transparent components in versions
- When editing a text component inline in a composite edit window, and enter is pressed to end editing, the composite window is no longer closed
- When editing text for a list's elements, if you close the Properties dialog before you "save" the text, the text is no longer lost.
- When editing a list's contents in the free-form text editor, then close the Properties dialog, the first row will be implicitly selected as the default option
- Can now click OK, or hit Enter, on a Global Style Editor to commit changes
- Dynamic text tokens are now properly replaced within dropdown list options
- Links exported in clickable images are no longer affected by elements that are arranged behind them
- Hotspots are now accurate when exporting a composite as a clickable image
- Links within nested composites now work correctly in the Click-thru browser
- The Edit Composites dialog is now disabled if no composites exist
- Composites can no longer be inadvertantly added to themselves
- Links within scrollpanes when exported as an imagemap now work more reliably
- Links within scrollpanes in the Clickthru browser now appear as hotspots
- Fixed an issue where dropdown lists found a "Dropdown list" option added when their projects were closed and reopened
- Fixed an issue where copying and pasting text sometimes did not work
- Addressed an issue with spreadsheets sometimes not being read back in properly
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking caused components to sometimes be incorrectly selected
- Components that are resized in a version, then copied and pasted into a new node, are now pasted with the correct size
- Undoing an add-row/column-after edit now preserves the text of the selected row/column
- When adding and editing a version, then undoing the add, then redoing add and edits, edits are now retained
- When moving one end of a line, the x-y-coordinate popup now repaints properly
- Split slider in Notes panel no longer breaks into two lines in a contrained window size
- Improved the speed of scrolling for right-hand wireframe components list
- Added a contextual menu to the right-hand wireframe components list
- Improved memory usage
- Performance improvements during startup and closing/opening files
- It's now possible to use the dynamic text button in a versioned Dropdown List's options editor
- Round corner editor and foreground editor are no longer activated when only a shape is selected
- Fixed an issue with using spreadsheets in composites
- Fixed an issue where clickable images were sometimes not being exported correctly
- Buttons with a 3D paint style, but no background, will now not display any 3D artifacts when drawn
- When copying components within a border as an image, the components now correctly appear above the border in the pasted image
- When dragging a component, the location indicator now clears completely from the wireframe canvas
- Components that are copied as image now have a white, not black, background
- Components within scrollpanes can now be copied and pasted elsewhere
- Improved the OS X look and feel
- Updated some inline documentation
- Boxed-format maps now export to image or PDF in proper format
- Fixed Composite Editor so that the expand-component-controls button doesn't appear
- Fixed performance issues caused by large textareas
- When map is set to Boxed format, it now actually prints in Boxed format
- Improved some animation effects
- Added rulers in wireframe mode
- Allowed zooming in wireframe mode
- Added inline editing of most component attributes
- Added per-page controls in the map panel
- Allowed editing text on texted components right on the component
- Fixed and issue where components in parent nodes overlapped components in children nodes
- Provided a hand cursor to drag around the wireframe screen
- Component edit controls, plus component list, now appear either in side editor or in a palette
- Added print preview
- Added fullscreen mode in the click-thru view
- Each of the options in a select list can now link to a different page or version of a page
- Made snap-to-grid undoable edits in the same compoundEdit as the actual move edits
- Cutting & pasting an autosized versioned component now retains autosize setting
- Added page-level annotations along with component-level ones
- Added the ability to export notes as inventory in csv, html, or tab-delimited format
- Auto-generated click-thru navigation is now set on a per-project basis
- Allowed the configuration of colors for auto-generated nav bar in the click-thru view
- Added quick preferences dropdown to wireframe toolbar
- Fixed alignment for some components when snapping-to-grid
- Fixed performance issues caused by large text paragraphs
- Added new components:
- Left hierarchy navigation now does not reset to the top of the list every time a new section or page is created
- Can now add components to, and remove components from, styles
- Can now create text variables as dynamic text
- "Layout" menu/tab is now "Wireframe"
- Ability to export notes as tooltips, within HTML exports
- Popups in Clickable-image-exports now work
- Composites now clip properly when rendered
- Fixed drawing issues with lists in click-thru view
- Comments form now remembers email address
- Ability to attach log file with comments submission
- Fixed document settings issue where switching between inches and pixels yields too-small values
- Fixed an issue where href links were sometimes off for versioned pages within a clickable-images exports
- A title at the top of the notes page no longer affects clicking on notes and badges
- Focus is put back into wireframe canvas after clicking a toolbar button
- Fixed the exporting of images that are subsequently read by Internet Explorer
- Invisible grouping borders are now no longer exported in clickable images
- Added the ability to change the name of a version
- Added the ability to reset the divider location to its default location
- Fixed an issue where text paragraphs in node versions sometimes didn't read line breaks back in properly
- Added auto-sizing as an option for exceptions and versions
- Added "export to image" option
- Grouping borders now size themselves as expected when their components contain thick borders
- Added the ability to set encodings for html exports
- Fixed an issue where exporting to images or PDF sometimes behaved incorrectly
- Added a sample file and tutorial
- Added ability to adjust size of dropdown options textarea.
- Display size of clickthru panel is now affected by content region marker.
- Copying/pasting a component from a version now prompts whether version changes should be retained.
- Fixed Copy as Image on the pre-Leopard OS X.
- Font changes new work within exceptions.
- Can again cut & paste from within the composite window.
- Fixed a cosmetic GUI issue with instant hyperlink line.
- Exceptioned styles now render their underlines correctly.
- Exceptions now work for groupings in click-thru panel.
- On HTML export, line breaks are converted to <br>.
- Improved vertical texts placement on HTML export.
- Improved usability of dynamic text chooser.
- Dynamic text showing page/section names now doesn't show page identifiers.
- Added ability to hold 'Shift' down while Ctrl-dragging from a text widget to a page, in order to set the widget's text to the page's name.
- Options can now be entered in dropdown lists.
- Fixed up auto-indent in Rapid Structure Creator textarea.
- Added the ability to toggle Rapid Structure Creator help open and closed.
- Can now move a node to underneath another node if that target has no nodes under it.
- Allowing users to create new composites while in the composite editor.
- Fixed copy to clipboard for editable labels in structure editor.
- Status bar now displays information about selected components in the wireframe, as expected.
- Exceptions are exported to PDF as expected.
- Links within nested composites now work as expected.
- Can no longer add a composite to itself.
- When dragging a node upward and hitting the top of the editor, the editor now scrolls up.
- Made the status-bar icon for the current Version also be the blue circle-V (instead of clearing it out when on a Default version).
- Added italic font style
- Added underlined text style
- One-off font changes now work as expected
- Nodes can now be dragged to the bottom of the structure editor
- Fixed an issue when the first page of a section was re-dragged into that same section
- Added copy components as image
- Added the ability to print wireframes without notes
- Components no longer remain selected when switching from 1 context (a section wireframe) to another (a page under that section)
- Added URL to splash screen
- Fixed up help text and links (thanks for Brian Weiss for copy-editing)
- Versions can be duplicated.
- Nodes can be duplicated.
- Editing notes in the Notes view now once again works.
- Notes view now repaints when changes occur.
- When pasting multiple components, then undoing, each pasted component is now enclosed in one undo as would be expected.
- Status bar now shows selected components, and coordinates when dragging.
- When launching edit-composite frame, the buttons are now disabled as they should be.
- The dirty (unsaved file) indicator is now more accurate.
- Can now set a default size for new pages.
- When choosing images from filesystem, the file dialog returns to the previously-selected location.
- Added reg validation code generator.
- Fixed issue where undoing an add-component edit left the old, un-added component in the selection model.
- Selection button now disables in view-components dialog when component is locked.
- Auto-sized components are now sized properly (e.g. text doesn't get ellipses sometimes) in Notes.
- Seletion anchors are no longer present in exports.
- OSX Leopard fixes:
- Editor panel textfields are transparent again.
- Help indices are created again.
- Copying & pasting components now works again.
- Undoing page/section drags now work as expected.
- Added export-to-PDF.
- Added distribute-components horizontal or vertical functionality to wireframing.
- In wireframe, clicking ] or [ on a selected component horizontally moves the component to the next/previous gridline (and holding down shift does it vertically).
- Added export formats: text, sitemap-xml.
- Added icon to current-page-indicator in status bar.
- Cutting components now works as expected.
- Fixed issue with copying & pasting images from some applications on OS X.
- Node selector now shows all nodes, even if some sections are closed in the structure editor.
- Selected components' anchors look better, and are rendered differently for auto-sized components.
- Comments text area line-wraps now.
- Hitting ESCAPE cancels a window; hitting RETURN saves it.
- Fixed issue with component properties dialog sometimes opening twice.
- Fixed issue with labels-within-a-composite sometimes looking different in the wireframe panel.
- Added ability to open a selected composite for editing from within wireframe panel.
- Added the concept of insignificant to selection events, so that undos aren't muddled with selects/deselects.
- Improved the rendering of dropdown lists.
- Fixed an issue with some exported auto-sized labels and hrefs.
- Added a fix for writing out some special characters that couldn't be read back in.
- Fixed where lassoing an un-snapped component makes it snap to grid even if you didn't plan to move it.
- Fixed where an unsnapped component, when being resized, seems to find its bottom-right corner snapping.
- Placed components now snap to grid when they're supposed to
- Pasted components snap to grid now when they should
- Added more useful verbiage on the registration window.
- Added popup to enter desired wireframe canvas size.
- Added the ability to to shift-click to *de*select selected components.
- Added more items to Nodes menu.
- Fixed an issue with deleting the currently-selected node.
- Added ability to lock components, via the list-components dialog, to prevent editing.
- Added dirty (unsaved file) indicator in main frame title bar.
- Added togglable alert to indicate that a file was saved successfully.
- Added prefs-configurable ability to save backups, along with num-backups limit and "clear backups now" button.
- Fixed issue where an imported site's nodes' attributes could not be edited
- Added the node attribute excluded from navigation.
- Allowed selection of components from the component properties popup.
- Made the font preview label be able to be bigger.
- Section and page node icons are indented in popup menus.
- Added auto-sizing components.
- No need to shift-click and drag multiple components anymore.
- Fixed snap-to-grid not working.
- "Platform Default" uses platform colors.
- Adding a new node now causes that node to become selected.
- Fixed issue where exported site links didn't work in Safari.
- Fixed an issue where notes preview page wasn't always being drawn at correct size.
- Added ability to select components' default style in preferences.
- Added ability to adjust the color and visibility of notes wireframe border.
- Added more tool tips.
- Changed "Default" stylename to "Platform Default".
- Pasting text into wireframe creates a new label or paragraph.
- Pasting an image into wireframe creates a new image.
- Added ability to edit notes from within the notes panel.
- Pasting components from one screen to another now remembers the exact original position.
- Register frame now links to registration website
- Made memory-management improvements.
- Made improvements to improve startup time.
- Set "Show Page Decoration" to true by default.
- Users can include auto-nav in pure HTML exports.