I've developed numerous Web sites and software applications for clients. My roles in these projects have included site architecture, client- and server-side programming, database development, and design and layout. These clients include:
SharedPlan, Boulder, CO
- Built a centralize web-based repository for project management files, using Java, JSP and Servlets, JDBC, postgreSQL and Tomcat.
- Built an online version of the company's project management software using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
- Made numerous enhancements to the company's Java Swing desktop client.
Gearmark, San Francisco, CA
- Worked with a team to build out the prototype into a live application using PHP and the Zend Framework.
Blue Shield of California, San Francisco, CA
Fox Parlor, San Francisco, CA
- Created an online client login system to allow customers to interact with this design firm.
- Developed a bugtracking system using PHP and MySQL.
- Developed a project previewing system using PHP and MySQL.
Print Network, Inc., Santa Clara, CA
- Created strategic World Wide Web plan for print broker.
- Created FTP site for use by client's customers.
CopperCom, Inc., Santa Clara, CA
- Developed architecture for, and programmed in its entirety, the company's corporate Website.
- Used Quicktime, Flash, and RealAudio to develop audio and multimedia online special features.
- Programmed the corporate Intranet, including the Active Server Pages-based message board.
- Created numerous multimedia tradeshow demos.
Bob Cringely, San Mateo, CA
- Developed a discussion board using PERL and CGI.
- Developed a monthly email notification system using PERL and CGI.
I've also developed many programs in my own spare time, and have released some of them as shareware. Among them are:
- OverSite, a popular website wireframing and architecture tool. Oversite allows web designers and information architects to rapidly prototype websites and GUI-based software applications. It was developed using Java Swing, and has a rapidly-growing base of registered users.
- TimeBox, a time-tracking system with a "punch-clock" metaphor. Features include reporting functionality, editing features, a web server that enables users to track time remotely, a backup ZIP utility, and more. TimeBox was developed in Java using Swing, and has a large base of registered users.
- ClokBox, a centralized server component to TimeBox. It features advanced reporting functionality, a built-in Web server, a backup ZIP utility, an instant messaging service, and other features. It was also developed in Java/Swing, and has a small base of registered users.
- SwingMan, a game written in Java/Swing, and later ported to the Sharp Zaurus using the PersonalJava profile. SwingMan has a small base of registered users.
Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing Communications.
University of Colorado at Boulder, December 1995.
Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric and Communications with a Minor in Music.
University of California at Davis, June 1993.
- Thesis Topic: "The interrelationship between music and lyrics in creating an emotional message."
- Degree granted with honors
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Pi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Golden Key Honor Society
Additional education includes courses in:
Sun certified Programmer for the Java 2 Language
Oracle 9i MySQL PostGreSQL
Illustrator Photoshop GIMP Eclipse Netbeans
JBoss Apache Tomcat Resin Orion
Object Oriented Design Relational Database Design Design Patterns
Downloadable resume - PDF format